Public Visibility of Objects

Put questions about your cataloguing projects to our panel of experts and the wider community.
SpyTheExhibit

Public Visibility of Objects

Postby SpyTheExhibit » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:47 am

Greetings!

I have a very basic question regarding a small collection of objects (perhaps 300) that I'm working with. We're looking for a way to privately share information about these objects amongst ourselves. We are spread out over several locations. A web-based system seems ideal. Which drew me to eHive.

Is it possible to privately add a collection to eHive, or must we share the objects and images publicly online? I gather there is private and public data about the objects in a collection, but we are looking for a way to share all the information about the objects privately only.

Is that possible?

Thanks very much,

Best,

TC

Zoe

Re: Public Visibility of Objects

Postby Zoe » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:19 pm

Hi there,

Yes it is possible to have records privately in eHive. There is an account setting which you can switch to private, and then you have the option to publish or not every time you save a record, so you can override whatever default setting you chose.

In addition to this, should you decide to ever publish your records, only suitable fields are made public, never any sensitive information like location or valuation. Only core fields are published, which are easily identifiable while you are cataloguing.

Hope this helps,

Zoe

SpyTheExhibit

Re: Public Visibility of Objects

Postby SpyTheExhibit » Mon Feb 24, 2014 8:35 am

Fantastic! Thanks.

TC

Return to “Cataloguing Questions”