What am I doing wrong? It is simple, but so am I

Put questions about your cataloguing projects to our panel of experts and the wider community.
marabs

What am I doing wrong? It is simple, but so am I

Postby marabs » Thu May 23, 2013 4:35 pm

Hi. I am a newby to eHive. My first attempts at cataloguing ended with a message that said something like. "Fields incorrectly filled". or something like that. I have managed to save a draft of some info but just now I spent ages putting more info and photos in and when I pressed "save a draft" I got the error message again. There is something missing from my understanding of the process. Help??
Last edited by marabs on Thu May 23, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paul

Re: Getting started

Postby paul » Thu May 23, 2013 5:21 pm

Any fields which have problems should be marked with a red box around them when you try to save.

The most likely problem is that you have entered text in a Term List field when there is no corresponding term. Any of the fields with dropdown boxes need to have terms set up. Just click on the Term Pick List button beside the field to see (and add) terms to the options available for that particular field. e.g. A new Object Type.

marabs

Re: What am I doing wrong? It is simple, but so am I

Postby marabs » Fri May 24, 2013 12:32 am

Thank you Paul. It was a simple issue and easily solved with your help. Cheers, Michael

Return to “Cataloguing Questions”