Maker Biographies

Put questions about your cataloguing projects to our panel of experts and the wider community.
TaurangaArtGallery

Maker Biographies

Postby TaurangaArtGallery » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:30 am

Hi there - new to the world of eHive so this is probably a really basic question, but - where do I put all the maker biography/contact details/influences/selected exhibition bio/bibliography etc????? I can't seem to find a link to anything that looks like it deals with this information.
Please help!

Zoe

Re: Maker Biographies

Postby Zoe » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:47 pm

Hello there,

It sounds like you are describing a Person or Company record; somewhere to record extra information about individual people or a business - such as their contact details, biographical information and so on.

We have not yet added support for this in eHive, but it is on our development plan. Currently the only record you can link an object record to is an Acquisition record to list details about a bulk acquisition in one record that can then be linked to many object records.

You can access our roadmap from the bottom of any page in eHive - or by clicking on this link http://ehive.com/roadmap. As you can see we have a busy year ahead, but the support for Person records is listed there. In the meantime you can choose a text field in the system to store this information in until then.

Kind regards,

Zoe

TaurangaArtGallery

Re: Maker Biographies

Postby TaurangaArtGallery » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:04 pm

Many thanks for that Zoe! I thought I was missing something! Looking forward to that extra layout being available.
Kind regards.

Return to “Cataloguing Questions”