Can't print reports today

Put questions about your cataloguing projects to our panel of experts and the wider community.
HFKAssn

Can't print reports today

Postby HFKAssn » Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Hi There, I can't seem to print reports today. I make the report and can view it in the Download page. It seems to open fine but I try to print the new screen says "Loading Preview ..." but the image never loads and the print button never becomes highlighted. Is this a problem at my end? Have I made an error somewhere along the way ? (I've printed a lot of reports and haven't had this problem until today.) Thanks

paul

Re: Can't print reports today

Postby paul » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:37 am

We haven't been able to reproduce this here. Are you still getting the problem? It is possibly a problem just within the browser, as by the time it gets to the Downloads page the report processing in already complete in eHive.

If you are getting the problem still, are you able to try this in a different web browser? Which web browser are you getting the problem in? (Internet Explorer version x, Firefox version x, etc).

HFKAssn

Postby HFKAssn » Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi Paul, I'm using Google Chrome. Its still doing the same thing (never loading the preview or print options) but I seem to be able override this by simultaneously holding down Ctrl + Shift + P. Maybe this will help someone else too. Thanks for looking into it for me.

paul

Postby paul » Tue Aug 28, 2012 11:19 am

It looks like this isn't specific to eHive. We've able to print on multiple PCs here on Chrome.

There is a support article from Google about common problems printing PDFs from Chrome. Causes include having older versions of Chrome or the Adobe Reader.

You can follow the suggestions in this article: http://support.google.com/chrome/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=142056

Cheers,
Paul

Return to “Cataloguing Questions”