Disappearing images/published objects becoming private

Use this forum to note any problems you find in eHive or suggestions you have for enhancements.
keithfm

Disappearing images/published objects becoming private

Postby keithfm » Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:42 am

Since the most recent system upgrade, I've found that some images that were previously visible have disappeared. When clicking on the Edit Images link, it displays a box for the image, but the Processing 'clock' is sitting there, whirring, with no sign of the image. If I delete the (apparently non-existent) image and replace it, this solves the problem.

Is there some way of getting back all these images or will I need to re-upload them all?

I have also noticed that this problem is occasionally accompanied by previously published items suddenly becoming private. Are the two processes linked?

Darren

Re: Disappearing images/published objects becoming private

Postby Darren » Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:28 am

Hi,
Can you post me your account name / number and an object record that has the missing images.
I will take a look and see if I can work out what is going on with the images.

Records should not change from public to private without being set in the Publish Options when saving a record.
What is your default "Public access" setting in Preferences and Data Access ?

Can you post me an object record that has changed from public to private, I will investigate it.

Kind regards
Darren Scott

keithfm

Postby keithfm » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:48 pm

Hi Darren. Thanks for getting back to me.

We're NHerts, account 4308. One of the objects for which there ought to be a picture is 176554: I have kept a backup of all the images uploaded, so I know what ought to be there. This object is still showing as public (as it should be). Other include objects 551885 and 597612. Objects 586726 and 586729 are examples that have both lost their photographs and been made private

Our default is to keep objects private until they have an adequate description and a photograph. As the person who has dealt with all the archaeology and ethnography objects in the collection, I have been quite strict about following this.

It's a bit of a puzzle!

keithfm

Postby keithfm » Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:57 pm

I meant to attach a screenshot that shows what happens when I open the Edit Images tab: it shows that there is an image in the system but that it is lost in an endless 'Processing' loop. This is what I see:

error.jpg
error.jpg (18.47 KiB) Viewed 796 times

This is for object 545377, by the way.

Darren

Postby Darren » Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:27 am

Hi

Thank you for the requested details.

For object record 545377 the image still exists. https://images.ehive.com/accounts/4308/ ... 9jp4_o.jpg

There is a problem with linking and displaying the image. This will be a result of the resent update to how images are uploaded / displayed.

I should be able to apply a fix to all records that have images affected in the same way. You should not need to re upload your images.

I am currently away from the office attending the Museums and the Web conference. I will be back and able to address this next week, Wednesday 26th NZ time.

Kind regards
Darren Scott

Return to “Software Feedback and Suggestions”