Blank pdf report or failed XLS/CSV

Use this forum to note any problems you find in eHive or suggestions you have for enhancements.
andrewg

Blank pdf report or failed XLS/CSV

Postby andrewg » Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:58 am

Hi,

I've been asked to add the contents of a small museum to an existing eHive account which currently only has a few items. Before I start the process which will be very time consuming I want to make sure the platform works well for the museum owners as one of their main needs is to be able to export the entire list of items as an excel spreadsheet once a month. After trying this myself and struggling with just a small amount of items I've come on here to get advice.

I worked out how to export a report for a single item but unfortunately that didn't go well as it's just a blank pdf.

Detail Report: board
Created: 06-Jul-2016
Format: Portable Document Format (PDF)
Downloads: 1
Objects: 1
File size: 27.87 KB

Exporting as Excel Spreadsheet (XLS) or Comma Separated Values (CSV) just come up as FAILED.

Checked the forums and issues with CSV seemed to be fixed back in 2014 but still no luck now in 2016.

Can you please let me know if it's possible to:

Export all items as XLS or CSV as I can't work out how to do it
Export a single item as XLS or CSV as I can't make it work

Thanks for your time

Andrew

Naomi

Re: Blank pdf report or failed XLS/CSV

Postby Naomi » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:46 pm

Hi Andrew,

The blank report produced from the Detail Screen is a known bug. Our developer is working on a fix for this. I'll let you know once this is in place. In the meantime, as a workaround, you can conduct a search for the record (use a unique search term that will only result in this one record being retrieved e.g. an Object Number). With your single record in summary view, click on the Create Report link in the top left corner of the screen. You can then select the report format you'd like to use and produce your report.

To export all of your records in XSL or CSV format, go to your logged in homepage then click on the Total Object Records link on the right hand side of the screen. This will retrieve all of your records in summary view. Click the Create Report link in the top left corner, select XSL or CSV as your report format, Detail as the Report Type and then click the Request Report button to produce your report.

You can find more information on Reports in eHive's online Help:
http://info.ehive.com/help/reporting/reporting-on-your-own-records/

Thanks,
Naomi

Return to “Software Feedback and Suggestions”