Terms missing from Term Pick List dropdowns

Use this forum to note any problems you find in eHive or suggestions you have for enhancements.
TaurangaArtGallery

Terms missing from Term Pick List dropdowns

Postby TaurangaArtGallery » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:38 am

Hi there,

I'm relatively new to using eHive. I have been editing and publishing a number of Saved Drafts (Art records) that were created by my predecessor a few years back (2011-12).

I have encountered a problem in that some of the terms that we have created under "Collection Type" and "Other Number" are missing from the "Term Pick List" dropdowns. Previous records are still showing those fields with the correct term, but if I go back and edit that record at all the field is subsequently highlighted in red - stating that the term does not exist; however, I also have tried to recreate the missing terms as a new term but this is also rejected as it states that there is already a record matching that name. I have tried trashing session cookies and clearing caches, all to no avail.

Therefore I can only assume that the record for the relevant terms are still present in the DBMS (have not been deleted) but for whatever reason the system files are not able to access them as they should. It seems to me that this is a bug/glitch, no?

Please help!

Naomi

Re: Terms missing from Term Pick List dropdowns

Postby Naomi » Wed Dec 10, 2014 2:59 pm

Hello and welcome to eHive. Could you give me an example of a record that you are experiencing this with so I can take a look? The name/title or object number would be great.

Many thanks,
Naomi

TaurangaArtGallery

Postby TaurangaArtGallery » Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:48 am

Thank you for your reply.

I have just now logged onto eHive and the issue seems to have been rectified. If I encounter these problems again I will specify the URL of the edited file and the specific terms which are missing from the dropdowns.

Thanks again,
Dan
Tauranga Art Gallery

Naomi

Postby Naomi » Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:34 am

Hi Dan,

That's great, thank you for letting us know. Please don't hesitate to get in touch if you experience the issue again or if you have any other queries regarding the system.

All the best,
Naomi

Return to “Software Feedback and Suggestions”