Can't log into eHive

Use this forum to note any problems you find in eHive or suggestions you have for enhancements.
SChard-Cooper

Can't log into eHive

Postby SChard-Cooper » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:30 pm

I am suddenly unable to log into eHive from my laptop. I type in the username and password and when I press 'log in' it just takes me back to the welcome page. If I type in the password incorrectly it recognises this and takes me to the 'have you forgotten your password?' page.

Has anyone else ever had this problem? If so how can I fix it????

Sarah

paul

Re: Can't log into eHive

Postby paul » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:51 pm

Hi Sarah,
I know you resolved this earlier in the month working with Alex, our UK staff member. From the discussion it was narrowed down to being a problem specifically with Google Chrome web browser on one PC.

I came across several discussions on other forums reporting the same problem for other websites. One example is https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/XrnmGk1BRBc

The most common variation is that access to secure sites is not working through Chrome and this is caused by either a clash with:
1. Windows Firewall, where Chrome has been inadvertently locked down to just standard non-secured web pages (HTTP) instead of allowing access to both non-secured (HTTP) and secured (HTTPS) web pages.

2. Security/Anti-virus software, where Chrome's connection to secure web pages has been blocked.

Symptoms could include problems logging into other secured sites, like Gmail or Facebook.

You won't need to take any action as you are already up and running, but I wanted to post an update to here in case anyone else runs into similar problems in the future.

Cheers,
Paul

Return to “Software Feedback and Suggestions”