Problem with uploading photo

Frequently asked questions, including solutions to common problems, common tasks, and tips for using eHive.
guildarchivist

Problem with uploading photo

Postby guildarchivist » Sat May 01, 2010 11:09 am

I only seem to ever post on here when I have a problem! So for that I apologise...

but I'm having a problem uploading photographs, I noticed on this new record I have created;

http://ehive.com/account/3510/object/28419

When you click 'upload' the thumbnail just displays the eHive logo. When you save the record it appears without any photo and when you go back into it, even the thumbnail of the eHive has disappeared.

It won't seem to let me attach a photograph. I have tried editing an existing record and adding a photograph to one of the ones already there and it won't let me do that either.

I don't think we have, but could it be that we have exceeded our limit? If so how do we check this?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Michael.

paul

Re: Problem with uploading photo

Postby paul » Tue May 04, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi Michael,
I couldn't reproduce this and I can see examples of images other sites have uploaded today. I suspect that it may be a problem specific to the image format or metadata. Could you email a copy of the image to try? We recently added support for PNG and BMP, so there may be a bug specific to this, and we added code to store the metadata from the image in the database, so it could be related to this.

Incidentally, we've been changing how paragraphs of text are presented on the display pages, so you won't need to include paragraph tags in the description field to separate these out. Just use the enter key when filling in the description for website field. This change will go up on the site in the next upgrade (probably at the end of this week).

Paul

Return to “Frequently Asked Questions”