Error message - Detail Report

Any registered user can post topics here for discussion on eHive or collection management.
VanessaC

Error message - Detail Report

Postby VanessaC » Wed May 11, 2011 11:30 am

Hi,
I am having a few issues when downloading the detail report in PDF format. Sequence of events:
1. Do search on "My objects" for the word "trophy". Note - all my records are unpublished.
2. Retrieve 9 records (which is correct)
3. Sort records by Name field
4. Select Download PDF Report - Detail report
5. Name the Report
6. Select Download.

The result was a report listing a number of objects all having the word "trophy" in them BUT none of the objects in the report are my objects. The report did not correspond to the search I had conducted at all?

I ran the search and report a second time and receive an error message. "Oh dear, the server has gone wobbly". I have now had this message a number of times and can not produce a detailed report.

AND WE ARE HAVING A VERY SLOW TIME OF IT WITH EDITING...ANYONE ELSE EXPERIENCE ISSUES WITH SPEED? WE ARE GETTING TIMED OUT ON SAVING...

Suggestions/help please!
thanks Vanessa

paul

Re: Error message - Detail Report

Postby paul » Wed May 11, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi Vanessa,
There was a problem on the eHive servers this morning where the search indexes were corrupt affecting both searches (such as in a report) and the speed of the system. This has since been fixed. Could you re-try the report you were doing and let us know if you're still getting the problem.

Regards,
Paul

VanessaC

Postby VanessaC » Wed May 11, 2011 4:28 pm

Paul thanks for the update - have re-done search and report and all is working fine now - thanks

I have another question for you re deleting Tags

I can delete a Tag when I am in "edit mode" on a record from the Public tab BUT I can not delete a Tag using the [X] symbol that is displayed next to the Tag when you are in "view mode" of the record.

Is that right? I thought the cross symbol was the way you removed or deleted a Tag?

Thanks
Vanessa

paul

Postby paul » Wed May 11, 2011 5:01 pm

You should be able to delete a tag from the view screen as well. What is the tag? I'm curious as to whether it has punctuation or anything out of the ordinary.

I've done a couple of tests here and it was working. What web browser do you use (in case it is a browser specific problem). e.g. Internet Explorer 7.0, Firefox 3.0.

VanessaC

Postby VanessaC » Wed May 11, 2011 5:11 pm

hey Paul
Our records are "unpublished" I should have pointed that out in my original query.

I am on Firefox 4.0.1 and my colleague is on Internet Explorer 8 - neither of us can delete a Tag using the [X]

One of the tags you could look at is Giltinan (I am working in the RLC collection - record number is 2011/13

thanks
Vanessa

VanessaC

Postby VanessaC » Thu May 12, 2011 11:52 am

hi guys
one more question re browser compatibility. i can not scroll between photos on a record, i can see there are multiple images of the object but when i click on the 2nd or 3rd image it does not load in the image window, this is new problem for me.
do you think this could be a browser issue with Firefox 4.0.1?

thanks
vanessa

paul

Postby paul » Thu May 12, 2011 12:24 pm

The image problem sounds like it's specific to Firefox 4. I've just retested this in Firefox 3.6 and it's working, so we'll see if we can track down the problem in Firefox 4.x.

I can reproduce the tag problem and it's not browser related. It looks like it's related to private records only. Looking into it further now.

paul

Postby paul » Thu May 12, 2011 2:58 pm

I've tried scrolling and zooming on an object with 5 images on Firefox 4.0.1 without a problem. Can you give me the object number of one record giving you a problem?

VanessaC

Postby VanessaC » Thu May 12, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks Paul
The problem obviously lies between the keyboard and the chair i.e. me....
Our record number is 2011/43 in the RLC Collection - there are three trophy images.

Vanessa

paul

Postby paul » Thu May 12, 2011 4:30 pm

Is it working now? I can click on each of the three images for this example object and click to zoom on each (Firefox 4.0.1).

Return to “General Discussion”