Rotating Images

Any registered user can post topics here for discussion on eHive or collection management.
lbravo

Rotating Images

Postby lbravo » Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:32 am

Hello there!

I'm starting to use eHive to catalogue our rather large collection of contemporary art. I've ran into a problem with the images... I cropped and rotated the image in my photo editor, but when I upload to eHive, the image is not rotated. If I open it on my computer it is rotated. Is there any way to rotate the image once it is uploaded?

See https://ehive.com/account/3660/object/41284/Untitled for an example.

Thanks in advance!

LBravo

fionam

Re: Rotating Images

Postby fionam » Mon Oct 18, 2010 9:42 am

Welcome to eHive LBravo!

You need to make any necessary image edits before uploading to eHive, as there is no internal image editing facility. A couple of questions and suggestions about your problem with the unrotated image:

1. Are you certain you saved the changes you made in your image editor? Try making the changes again in your image editor, save your changes, and then upload the image to eHive again.
2. If this doesn't work, try uploading the original (unrotated) image to eHive. This is to rule out any problem with your image editor displaying the image as rotated 90 degrees, say, when it's actually at the correct rotation.

If neither of these suggestions fixes the problem, do get in touch. Please let me know the name of the photo editor you're using, plus attach a copy of the image you've been trying to upload. If you'd prefer to email the image, you can contact us at info@ehive.com

Return to “General Discussion”