Any registered user can post topics here for discussion on eHive or collection management.

Postby kaaren » Tue Jan 26, 2010 1:25 pm

Hallo from Owaka Museum, the Catlins, New Zealand

Just thought I'd say hi to the eHive forum users as we launch off on our collection cataloguing project. Thanks to Lotteries funding, I am in the process of appointing two cataloguers who will start around March.

So since we are in a remote area and using this as our collection database, you can expect us to be posting questions and answers to get ideas, advice and feedback from this forum for sharing and exchanging information.

Glad to know the forum is there to provide that. Check out and search for Owaka Museum. We have been open for two years in a redeveloped building with a library, info centre gallery and shop. The museum is multi- media, Catlins settlers, taonga Maori, shipwrecks, railway, local stories and natural heritage. The collection is mixed and small enough to be manageable (we hope!)

We have nine months to do the cataloguing and imaging. So wish us luck!

I'd be interested in knowing who is using eHive so how about if you want to, posting a summary introduction of who, where and what you are using eHive for. Also any handy hints and words of advice gratefully received.

Kaaren Mitcalfe

Postby paul » Tue Jan 26, 2010 3:30 pm

Welcome about Kaaren! We look forward to working with you.

Return to “General Discussion”