Cannot get a localhost Wordpress site to connect to ehive

Ask questions related to the eHive application programming interfaces, including the OAI-PMH data harvester, REST API and WordPress plugins.
Tony4SWmus

Cannot get a localhost Wordpress site to connect to ehive

Postby Tony4SWmus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 1:31 am

I am a volunteer for my local museum, developing a potential Wordpress website to display records from their existing account held at eHive, and potentially linking the accounts of other local museums with eHive accounts into an eHive Community. I have installed the Wordpress eHive Plugins, have created my own eHive account as a developer and generated the API Keys and entered them into the Account Setting page. I have installed the Access Plugin and the Account Plugin and Image Grid plugin more or less as a test to see if I understand how they are supposed to work. I have specified the account ID number on the Access Plugin, but whenever I insert a shortcode into an appropriate page I get the message "Some content on this site is currently unavailable please try again later." which I think means that I am failing to connect to eHive. Having read every help page that I can find, I am still at a loss to understand what I am missing. Can you give me some further instructions please? Do my API Keys allow me to connect to any Account or Community, or only to my own account and a community that I might be a member of? Do I have to get the Museum to use its own account to create API Keys and use those instead?

Many thanks

Tony Morton

paul

Re: Cannot get a localhost Wordpress site to connect to ehiv

Postby paul » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:57 am

Hi Tony,
I see Darren has been helping you sort this out via an email exchange. The site running on localhost was a red herring. The issue was that the API key needs to be created within the account you are connecting to. Good to hear that you have it sorted.

Cheers,
Paul

Return to “Developers”