URL on Search & Object Pages

Ask questions related to the eHive application programming interfaces, including the OAI-PMH data harvester, REST API and WordPress plugins.
ColinLamb

URL on Search & Object Pages

Postby ColinLamb » Wed May 14, 2014 4:50 pm

I have just done a manual upgrade from Wordpress 3.5 to 3.9. Following instructions I deactivated the Ehive plugins. When activating after the upgrade, I had to re-enter the settings and everything was fine with this one exception. On the Object Details & Search pages, the museum name is a link with the following URL "siteURL/????" where ???? is our account number. This results in a "no such page" message. Previously this was a link to our Collection page. How can this URL be controlled? Regards Colin Lamb

Darren

Re: URL on Search & Object Pages

Postby Darren » Thu May 15, 2014 12:38 pm

Hi Colin

On the API Key page in eHive for your account can you set the Access Level for your API key.

Can you post a link to your Wordpress site, this may help with working out what is going on.

King regard
Darren Scott

ColinLamb

Postby ColinLamb » Thu May 15, 2014 4:50 pm

Hello Darren
The Access level was not set to anything so I made it "All of Ehive-Public Data". This has not affected the problem. However I have discovered that the URL is set in part by the plugin setting at "Access Settings/Page Configuration/Account Details Page". It becomes "siteURL/account details page/???? " where ???? is our account number. The problem is that when the page is set to "Home", which the logical choice, the URL becomes "siteURL/????" which goes nowhere. Our site link is http://redlandmuseum.org.au and the Ehive pages are reached from the Collection page. I shall leave the Account Details Page set to "Home". It would probably be preferable if the URL could be aimed at our Public Profile Page on Ehive.
Regards Colin

Darren

Postby Darren » Mon May 19, 2014 11:55 am

Hi Colin

At this point it is not possible to use the Account plugin with the root url "/".

One possible work round would be to create an about page "/about" that contains the account plugin.

I will add this limitation to our roadmap for future consideration.

Regards
Darren

Return to “Developers”