Object Image Grid

Ask questions related to the eHive application programming interfaces, including the OAI-PMH data harvester, REST API and WordPress plugins.
ColinLamb

Object Image Grid

Postby ColinLamb » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:25 pm

The names appear as a separate listing to the side and get their colour from the theme setting for links. See screenshot for Tag Cloud Widget topic.

Andy Scott

Re: Object Image Grid

Postby Andy Scott » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:16 am

Hi Colin,

The text you are seeing is as a result of the 'Display the name/title' option being enabled in the Objects Image grid options page. Usually this option works better for larger image sizes and will require some custom CSS to make it look the way you want it. We have updated the plugin (to 2.0.2-beta) to have the 'Display the name/title' option disabled by default and have also updated the default CSS so that the text sits below the image. However, if you would like the text to wrap onto a new line etc. you would need to add custom CSS for that.

Hope this helps,

Andy

ColinLamb

Postby ColinLamb » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:16 pm

We can keep the titles short enough not to overlap the image so that's not the problem.
I have installed and activated Version 2.0.2 but the titles still do not display beneath the image with "Enable plugin style sheet" checked. Our 2 images display horizontally and then the 2 titles in the same hotizontal row without even a space between them. With "Enable plugin stylesheet" unchecked, the titles display correctly but the images are one above the other which means we dont have a grid.
What we would like is a grid with short titles displayed beneath each image and preferrably retaining the border and hover feature. Is this possible without getting into the coding?

Andy Scott

Postby Andy Scott » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:21 pm

Yes you should definitely be able to do what you describe without needing to get into the code. You should only need some light CSS to space your images evenly and add your borders etc.

Could you try clearing your browser cache, downloading the plugin, deactivating and deleting the old plugin. Then install the plugin again from the new download to ensure there is nothing left hanging around from a previous version? If the issue persists can you send me the screen shot of the CSS rules that appear in your browser for one of the images in the image grid so I can see if there is possibly some CSS from another plugin interfering with the Image grid?

Thanks,

Andy

ColinLamb

Postby ColinLamb » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:36 pm

Thanks Andy. I followed your directions to the letter and the plugin is now behaving as expected. The CSS file now is different so I must somehow have been using the previous version even though the plugin page said it was 2.0.2.
We plan to get 50 or so objects on show early in the New Year. All the best for Xmas.

Andy Scott

Postby Andy Scott » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 am

No worries Colin. The version numbering issue is my fault and will probably account for plugin source not updating as they should but this hopefully solved now!

We look forward to seeing your objects come through in the new year.

Merry Christmas,

Andy

Return to “Developers”