Object Tag Cloud Widget

Ask questions related to the eHive application programming interfaces, including the OAI-PMH data harvester, REST API and WordPress plugins.
ColinLamb

Object Tag Cloud Widget

Postby ColinLamb » Sun Dec 02, 2012 3:40 pm

I tick the box "Use Widget css" but it is not effective. The tags display as inline text and get their colour from the theme setting for links, which carries a note saying it affects all links in the theme. Could it be overriding the "Widget css"?

Andy Scott

Re: Object Tag Cloud Widget

Postby Andy Scott » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:10 pm

Hi Colin,

It is very possible that the widget CSS is being overridden by the theme CSS. We are still ironing out issues in our beta releases of the plugins so I will look into this for you.

We have released a 2.0.1-beta version of the plugins today, however the Widgets are further behind. So by the end of this week or early next week we should have some newer versions of the widgets also.

Andy Scott

Postby Andy Scott » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:35 am

Hi Colin,

I have had a look at the Tag Cloud Widget and all seems to be ok with it... The CSS rules are all prefixed with 'ehive' so they shouldn't be overwritten unless there is some more general CSS styling for 'div' or 'a' (anchor) elements in your website CSS that are getting loaded after the Object Tag Cloud Widget CSS.

Could you post a screen shot of the issue? This might help to narrow it down further.

Thanks

ColinLamb

Postby ColinLamb » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:16 pm

Screenshot attached. We have only 2 records at present for testing purposes.You will notice also a problem with the placement of names in the image grid but I shall make this a new topic.
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (94.25 KiB) Viewed 7016 times

Shoe123

Postby Shoe123 » Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:23 pm

However the Widgets are further behind.

paul

Postby paul » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:08 am

Hi,
Can you give more information on your question or comment?

Paul

ColinLamb

Postby ColinLamb » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:48 pm

I started this topic when first looking at possibilities for our site but finished not using this plugin. I am sure any problems at that time are long resolved so suggest it be closed.
Regards
Colin

paul

Postby paul » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:37 pm

Thanks Colin. Yes, there have been many changes to the widgets since the original post and we have sites using the tag cloud widget without problem so we will consider this one resolved.

Return to “Developers”